Decking Designs and Deck Plans
Have you already prepared a deck plan or would you like some decking ideas and deck plans prepared?
If you already have your deck plans drawn, we can advise you on choosing timber decking materials, balustrade and handrails options, deck lights and deck lighting, timber stairs, privacy screens, planter boxes and decking oil to create your ultimate outdoor entertainment area.
Alternatively, if you require a deck plan to be drawn, we can prepare and lodge your decking plan with Council by taking into account your deck design, on choosing timber decking materials, balustrade and handrails options, deck lights and deck lighting, timber stairs, privacy screens, planter boxes and decking oil.
Some decking ideas include:
- Do you require a big deck or a small deck? The size of your timber deck should depend on many factors including:
- the number of people you expect will be using your timber deck, at any one time,
- the size of your backyard or courtyard,
- for what purpose do you mainly wish to use your timber deck? Entertaining, eating, relaxing,
- how often you expect to use your timber deck?
- What is the ideal height of your timber deck? Ensure that your timber deck is going to maximise your views and outlook.
- Location of your timber deck. The aspect and position of your timber deck may determine whether you create an outdoor room, or patio or pergola
- Do you need Council approval to build the timber deck?
- Do you need privacy on your timber deck? If so, timber privacy screens or drop down blinds should be considered.
- Do you have young children or pets? If so, a balustrade or handrails, with a gate, will be able to keep young children from getting out of the decking area and also keep pets off the deck.
- Do you want to use your outdoor entertainment area at night? If so, you should consider installing deck lights and decking lights, whilst the timber deck is being built.
Make your timber deck the focal point of your home and the ultimate outdoor living area. So that whether you are entertaining, relaxing or simply enjoying a meal, your deck incorporates as many decking designs as possible.